Do you feel that homework takes too much of your time? Do you spend hours and hours reading textbooks and writing papers? Don’t hurry to blame your teachers for unbearable load. Probably it is just your own approach to studying. Here we offer you a few tips on how to reduce your homework doing time. If you won’t be coping with it faster after you have used our advice, then your teacher is to blame.
- Get organized. Try calculating how much time you spend on organizational issues – looking for books in your bag, finding notes, sharpening pencils, organizing your workplace, etc. If you arrange all of your things once and for all, it might save you a good hour. Put your notes in one large binder, arrange your stationary in boxes, keep a notebook to write down your homework and in general, do everything to bring your things in order. You will thank yourself later.
- When it is time to work on your home assignment, turn off every device in your house that can produce sounds. TV, radio, CD player – whatever you have, make it shut up. Although for some people music might help concentrate, their percentage is very low, and in most cases it is only a source of additional distraction. If you want to go even further, block your social networks for a while. This way the temptation will be gone, and you will be able to focus on your work.
- Make it comfortable for you to study. Ensure that the chair is comfortable, the lighting is good for your eyes and all the things you need are located within your reach. Otherwise, you will be too distracted with an uncomfortable chair and the necessity to squint at small letters.
- Preferably do your homework at the most productive time for you. The studies prove that if you work when your body and mind are set on work, you will finish twice faster. Doing your homework in your non-productive periods, on the other hand, will drain your resources and take much longer.
- Change your attitude. Homework is designed to help you process and strengthen the knowledge of new information. If you set your mind on doing it for your own good, it will perceive this daunting task as a blessing.
- Show some creativity. Try approaching mundane assignments with a hint of personality. It will be not only more exciting, but also more useful for you, as you will remember the material better. There is no need to turn it into a circus, but a few personal touches to your project or a writing assignment can make your day.
The secret is to tune yourself for work and to keep the attitude throughout the process. Once your mind appreciates the importance of homework and individual learning, it will become a quite satisfying endeavor.